The Australian Parliament’s Joint Standing Committee on the National Broadband Network (NBN) is undertaking an inquiry into the rollout of the NBN and the performance of NBN Co. The Committee will consider:
- The economics of the NBN, including key operational and financial performance forecasts in the Corporate Plan 2020-23
- Current pricing structures, including wholesale pricing, affordability and take-up, particularly as they relate to low-income and rural and regional customers
- Network coverage issues; including reporting of outages planned and unplanned
- The delivery of the business segment strategy, including to enterprise and government customers, and small to medium businesses
- The experiences of small and medium business in relation to the utilisation, accessibility, customer service and affordability of the NBN
- Compliance with the NBN Statement of Expectations and adequacy of that Statement
- Any other related matters.
The closing date for submissions is Friday 17 January 2020.
For information on how to make a submission, see the Parliament of Australia website.
For more information on the process and confidentiality relating to a submission, see How to make a submission.