Hay is more than a town, it’s a community. Our people are our greatest asset.
Working together, many volunteers and community organisations provide important services in our town.
Involvement in community life through volunteering is not only good for Hay, it’s good for you!
- Improve wellbeing
- Meet new people
- Learn new skills
- A sense of satisfaction
- Help others
- Have fun
- Be active
- Visit the Hay Community Directory to find out more about the clubs, organisations and activities on offer and how to get involved.
In addition these great community organisations, the Hay Library runs activities for both children and people of all ages;
- Children’s Reading and Baby Bounce Rhyme Time on Tuesday at 10.30
- Knitting - Every second Wednesday with morning tea at 10.00am
- Scrabble - Every alternate second Wednesday at 10.00 am
- Jigsaw puzzles during the school holidays
Hay also has Community Exercise at the War Memorial Hall every Monday and Wednesday from 9.00am organised by the Community Health Centre (02) 6990 8730.
Strength and Balance classes are run by the Community Health Centre at 11.30am on Monday and Wednesday at the Centre, located at the Hay Hospital.