Contact Council


WeedsCouncil is required under the Biosecurity Act 2015, to oversee and control weeds in the Council’s area on:

  • Council owned land
  • Privately owned land including landowners and lessees
  • Crown land on behalf of the State Government

Council’s Biosecurity Officer can advise landholders of various treatment methods for weed eradication to suit each type of weed, eg cultivation, pasture or chemical means. Council staff are in regular contact with the NSW Local Land Services to ensure they are aware of the latest control measures. Council is a member of Riverina Regional Weed Committee (RWC) and Riverina Weeds Action Program (Riverina WAP).

More information can be obtained by visiting

Council is currently reviewing its Pesticide Use Notification Plan for use of pesticides in public areas.