The current restrictions imposed on our community with lockdowns, the Victorian border closure and the huge reduction in tourism traffic is having a significant effect on the community and in particular the local business houses.
Today, at its meeting, Council resolved to provide financial support to the community in the form of:
- Reducing the interest rate on outstanding rates and charges to 0% for 6 month period up until 31 December 2021; and
- Allowing applications for waiving fees and charges assessed by the General Manager without having to demonstrate hardship up until 31 December 2021.
Council will also continue to provide non-financial support by:
- Providing information to the local community on the various rules and health orders
- Continuing to advocate for the Victorian border to be open to the Hay community or a least to be re-admitted to the border bubble.
- Providing information and guidance to businesses and individuals on how to access Government funding and assistance; and
- Encouraging the community to Purchase locally including Council and its operations
Hay is leading the way with 40% of our community now fully vaccinated. Council encourages everyone who can to please get vaccinated. Visit the NSW Health website at COVID-19 vaccination: information for the NSW community - Vaccination
for further information on vaccinations or contact your GP. Bookings can be made at the Hay Medical Centre Service Finder (healthdirect.gov.au)