Applications & Certificates

For every property transaction you make, you need to think about tax implications

To help you to determine property related GST obligations, refer to the GST and Property Guide on the Australian Taxation Office website.

Basix Certificate
The NSW State government requires a BASIX Certificate to be obtained prior to Council or PCA issuing any construction certificate or complying development certificate for residential projects.
Conveyancing Certificate
Council provides a number of certificates for conveyancing purposes that may be of interest when purchasing a property.
Development Applications
A Principal Certifying Authority or PCA can issue Construction Certificates for projects that have been approved by Council and comply with state government legislation for a development or subdivision.
Government Levies
Fees that are payable with Development Applications, Complying Development Certificates and Construction Certificates are remitted to the appropriate State Government agency.