Witcombe Fountain

Drinking in style

This beautiful and elaborate cast iron fountain was the gift of the then Mayor of Hay, Alderman John Witcombe, to the people of Hay. It was erected in 1883 installed and connected to the water supply. The first water flowed from the fountain on 13th December that year.



It is still standing in its original place today. National Trust listing was obtained in 1979, and filtered water was connected in 1989.

In 2009, as part of Hay's Sesquicentary celebrations the Witcombe Fountain was restored to its orginal splendor.